Thursday, November 10, 2005

More handguns & firearms ?!

Well, now that San Franciscans have voted to outlaw handgun ownership by residents...

I certainly hope that handguns and firearms don't become as common as everything else that's "illegal" in this city ! For those who think this symbolic vote lets the world know that San Francisco doesn't believe in violence, let me tell you of one of the most horrible things I have seen...

In the Philippines, where firearms are illegal for the average citizen and there are security guards on every corner with sawed-off shotguns or machine guns (at least when I was there, which I must confess was 25 years ago)... I worked in a hospital where there was a patient in intensive care for a long time. Her home was broken into, and the thief was afraid she would identify him, so he pounded her head with a hammer. Now I ask you, would you rather have a thief shoot you, or fracture your skull like an eggshell with a hammer ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home