Saturday, April 12, 2008

Blind Poop

While walking home after dark one evening, I spotted a figure a block ahead on the sidewalk. The person seemed to be loitering about, which unnerved me a bit, and I debated moving to the other side of the street, but forged on.

Turns out it was a woman walking her dog, and the loitering was because the dog was in the midst of decorating the sidewalk. As I got closer, I realized the woman was blind, and this was a guide dog. The woman could tell by the dog's actions that it was squatting for a dump. I started thinking, hmmm... wonder how or if she's going to clean up after this dog ??

Since the dog was in a harness, the woman could tell exactly where the back end was. I watched as she carefully put a plastic bag over her hand, reached down, and felt along the sidewalk until she located the steaming pile. Wow. I was impressed, and all the more disgusted that sighted individuals can't perform that simple act.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home