Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Outta Control Neighbor Situation

Glad this isn't me?!

I'm walking up the street, and a pleasant woman with two little girls stops me and says, excuse me, would you mind looking up at that window to see if there's a man there? She seems nice enough, so I'm looking in the wrong direction when she points to the window. There.

I'm looking, and a man's head pops up in the window,and he starts giving us the finger. Whoa. Strange. He's frantically waving his middle finger at us.

She explains. "I was hoping that if other people were witnessing he might not do it." Well, clearly that is not the case. She continued, "He used to live above us, and I had a baby. He started complaining every time the baby cried, and he complained to the management." We talked about it. The neighbors below had no complaints, only this guy above.

So the manager gave the guy an apartment in the opposite end of the building. They are now on opposite ends of the building, but this guy is still holding a grudge about the situation. She said he watches for them coming out, and runs up behind them on the street shouting things like "There's the fat Mexican!" She has tried to get other witnesses on the street for this behavior, but no one will sign a statement.

Clearly this guy has a few marbles loose, or is intent on driving this woman out of the building, as revenge for her having a baby. (at least, this is her side of the story). "Does he live alone?"

"No, he has a partner." As she's saying this, the guy's head pops up in the window. He's taking a picture of us, as if us looking at him from the street is some form of harassment, or he wants evidence that she is conspiring to harass him? As she's explaining about the guy, his head pops into the window, he waves his finger, and goes away - several times. Then his partner's head also appears in the window. His partner is not waving his finger, but he is, and they both seem to be taking some glee in this.

I shrug my shoulders and hold up my arms while looking at him. "What?" He just waves his middle finger. This repeats several times, until I point to my ear and wave my finger in a circle, "CRAZY!" then point at him. He does the same to me. Twice we do this. OK.

OK, this man has let his anger consume him so much that he's calling a complete stranger on the street "crazy." Well, at least that's the side I've heard. Who knows? Maybe he lived in that apartment for years, and was driven out by the baby sounds; or maybe the woman screamed at him (she didn't seem like the type). Life in the city. Maybe he hates women, and children, and since there are three women in this scenario, he is completely beside himself that breeders should even be allowed in San Francisco, let alone his building? Who knows? I'm just glad he didn't wave a gun.

1 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger mwilson said...

So *that's* where my old neighbor moved to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home