Monday, November 21, 2005

Paranoid tourists

Perhaps as a sequel to my prior posts on firearms... a story about my occasional walks up Nob Hill for exercise.

Call me unfashionable, but I abhor the notion of "dressing up" for exercise. I'm wearing a t-shirt, sweatpants, and in this case, a pair of leather Teva sandals. As I'm walking at the top of Nob Hill, a well-dressed man 50 feet ahead nervously turns around. Since I'm walking for exercise, and faster than he, I am gradually getting closer. He looks around nervously a few more times, and takes off running ! Do I really look that menacing ? Well, o.k., I hadn't shaved that morning, but I don't grow much stubble, and it probably wasn't visible from that distance.

Reality check: people at the top of the hill only exercise in gyms? ...and when they do, they wear the latest fashion togs, because you need to demonstrate a little status in every situation.

The question remains... do you need a firearm to defend yourself against those who are not dressed fashionably ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home