Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Wrong apartment

[read "wrong trousers post below first]

In case anyone looking for lamb sweatpants wonders, I live in a rather spacious, but way-too-dark studio apartment, in a borderline-bad part of town, and my windows all face an alley, with another building blocking all the sun.

I moved here when I got a job at a local nonprofit, and most of the apartments were occupied by dot-com boomers, so this is what was open. I should have moved when the crash happened and everyone left town, but I was waiting, waiting, waiting for my ship to come in.

My ship has come in, but it needs the bilge scrubbed, so I'm staying here for awhile. I'm very tempted to invest in LIGHTS to transform this dark apartment, and maybe some furniture instead of what I scrounged from the streets and building basement, but why invest in a place I want to leave ?! I must save my money for scrubbing the bilge of the ship that has come for me.

p.s. the saddest part is not the crackheads outside, but the fact that several houseplants, including one nice ficus tree, have died because it's too dark in here. My spirit has withered with the plants, but soon enough my bilge will be clean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home